Friday, 21 November 2014

Current Foundation Favourites - Budget Buys



You know those people that are so comfortable in their own skin, that they actually leave the house with just a bit of mascara on and lip balm ? Yeah, I'm not one of those people. 
Even when my skin is looking better (each currently, by the way, isn't - have some nasty under the skin pimples, that hurt like a mother and I'm getting a little desperate), I do tend to use a little bit of foundation or BB cream or CC cream - whatever you wanna call it. 

My current faves, are these three little guys. 
On a day to day basis, I'll use the Rimmel Match Perfection in 101 "Classic Ivory". It's a pretty standard foundation, not to dewy and not to matte. It gives a light to medium coverage and has SPF 18, which I appreciate because I don't really use sunscreen in an everyday situation - shocker, I know...
I love the scent of this foundation - Am I a weirdo for sniffing foundations? Eh, whatever! 

Another every day foundation is the Bourjois CC cream. I absolutely love this stuff! I'm almost finishing which is so weird, because I believe I ended two foundations in my entire makeup addiction. Need to get a new one A-stat! I think this is very similar in finish to the Rimmel Match Perfection, but it's ten times more comfortable on the skin, don't ask me why, but it is. This has an SPF of 15 and I have it in the shade Ivory.  

The last is one that I use for night outs or if I'm gonna have an extremely long day. It's the Rimmel Stay Matte in 100 "Ivory". It's a tad to dark for me, but I can make it work. You just need the tiniest amount to cover your whole face, if you put to much, you're gonna look like a cake - again, not a very attractive look. 
This for me, is medium to full coverage and when my skin is misbehaving, this is what I tend to use. It as no SPF, so perfect for a night out, with lots of flash photography involved.
I believe, I only like this foundation, because I have extremely oily skin and although it looks weird when I first apply it, once the oils in my skin start doing their thing, I'll get a pretty natural complexion going for me. If by any chance you're normal to dry skin, I would definitely not recommend this to you, it will probably look cakey and cling to your dry patches. 

The next foundation I want to pick up is the new Rimmel Nude foundation, because it looks pretty awesome. Any foundation recommendations? Let me know!